Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Look at this great comment!

Look, someone working for Accenture posted a lovely comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your fervor in defending your job (Do you really think this is just all about my job? Then you haven't been reading here long if that's the case- this is so much more than a 'job'-this is about client services. I can get another job, the clients can't pick a different agency to certify them for Food Stamps and Medicaid although I'm sure they wish they could.) You should, however, consider the thousands of people who have gainful employment precisely BECAUSE of the privatization of this epartment. (At the expense of those who received a layoff notice? At the expense of those who have left already?)

(Wow, is that why Midland lost 10% of its workforce in 7 days?)

There are still kinks that need worked out (I think the clients would agree). After all, the SA branch was not to be fully operational until the end of April - Accenture/MAXIMUS opened it up 4 months early to get a head start.

(A head start that caused thousands of applications to come back to the local offices? It wasn't to be operational until the end of April? Now it's the end of May....hmmmmm........still not operational and I guess that's why workers from across the state are IN San Antonio helping with the backlog of 17,000 case actions *which is costing the State a bundle with mileage and hotel expenses.)

You are sorely misguided on the salary of the workers. EVERYONE, make much, much more than $8 an hour. I should now, I work there. The average wage for the team I am working on is over $40,000/yr.

(The $8 per hour has been quoted in MANY newspaper articles, this isn't a number I just made up off the top of my head. And if Accenture is paying 'everyone' WAY more than that and this is what the State gets for it's money then we are in a bigger mess than previously thought. I guarantee that the State employees were paid less (much less) than $40,000 a year and did the job well....so well in fact that the State of Texas has consistently earned Enhanced Funding bonuses from the Feds due to our accuracy in casework. I bet a years worth of my paychecks that the Enhanced Funding bonuses are NO MORE....and since you "work there", I'm curious as to what it is that Accenture is paying you $40,000 a year to do exactly? Can you email me a job posting?)

Someone with your talent in Health and Human Services should look at getting employed through Accenture. (I don't think so....let Accenture clean up their own mess....I'll stick to working in the local office, helping the clients we serve) Many of your collegues have and make much more than they did working for the state. (I've yet to hear from even ONE who is making so much more, but anyone who came from the State and has gone to work there in a capacity OTHER THAN upper management can email me anytime with the specifics.....I'm talking about those who work there who actually talk to the clients, deal with applications, deal with policy.) Maybe then you could be part of the solution rather than bitching about the negative aspects of it. (Me staying in the local office and not jumping ship is part of the solution. I've not left - I continue to go to work, do my job, and help the people I serve....you call it bitching? Well, that's O.K. Last I checked, I'm free to have an opinion and if telling the truth is 'bitching' then so be it.)

If anyone that works for Accenture wants to email me a 'guest post', please do. I'll post it. I won't even edit it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me that these people, making more than $40K per year (yes, more than those of us who've been here over 10 years!), can't even be grammatically correct!

"I should now, I work there" ???? KNOW.....even my elementary student knows how to spell that!

"epartment"??? DEPARTMENT! And it wasn't a "department"...it was the whole damn EFFICIENT agency!

"EVERYONE, make much, much more than...." Come on! We all took English in grade school....

I would be embarrassed to have posted this......

Anonymous said...

Accenture hires at $8.00 per hour for the call center. I have seen their paycheck stubs so I know this for a fact. I have heard more than one (now former employee..) say they were given a promotion and promised a pay raise that never materialized. Some have lost daycare assistance because their employer can't or won't provide verification. The company also can't or won't provide employment verification for their employees who also happen to be (our) clients.

Anonymous said...

Why are Accenture people so defensive? ...
My thought, they are clients and feel they are inadequate to do the job. Making $40,000 a year. Give me a break!!
This is getting uglier by the minute...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashek said...

In this post about Paycheck Stubs is very well looking.I like it.