Saturday, May 13, 2006

Rumor Mill

One thing that has always been "DHS" was the "rumor mill".
 
I'm telling you, something could start in Dallas and be across the state in about 2.5 seconds.
 
The current Rumor Mill is stating that the Feds have declined funding of $24 MILLION dollars.  That means the State of Texas gets to fund the programs 100%.  Hmmmmm.  Wonder what the great taxpayers will think of THAT.
 
I had to go in and work today.  Almost 8 hours.  The only thing that I actually LIKE about working all day on Saturday is the fact that the clients don't know you are there so the phones don't ring.
 
I got all my 'busy' work done though and now I'm caught up- for the most part.  It's becoming increasingly apparent that working Saturdays will become necessary rather than something I just DO because "I" want to be caught up.  I hate that.  What I hate about it is the fact that if the "Suits" see that the work is getting done, then they won't help to ease the workload.  Nevermind that the only way it's getting done is employees missing family time, OFF time, and working 6-7 days a week to do the work. 
 
Check out HHSCSurvivalist for the latest Union Update.


Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

1 comment:

hhscsurvivalist said...

Don't you LOVE the "Rumor Mill"? I sure do! But you know, I've usually found our "rumor mill" to be pretty accurate.